In just a matter of days, we’ve all been forced to confront the reality of the current global pandemic. The new normal for most of us involves many changes to the very basic ways we conduct business. It’s been dramatic shift in a short time, and we are all trying to figure out how to adjust and move forward.
The good news is that your company’s website and your digital marketing tools offer fantastic opportunities to respond to our changing world. Learning to fully utilize digital tools and resources is perhaps more important now than ever to your company’s success. While this could feel overwhelming, please know that we are here to help.
Our team at Bellaworks specializes in selecting and implementing digital marketing solutions that can make life easier and more productive for our clients. It’s what we do and have been doing for over ten years.
Below are some website changes and other tools to consider that might help your business right now. Please take a look, and if you think we can help, let’s talk. We’re all in this together.
WEBSITE UPDATES TO CONSIDER NOW
Add Website Special Alert Messages
Many companies have critical messages that they need customers to see right now. Here are a couple of options.
- Banner alerts– These typically sit close to the navigation bar on your website. You can put information here and include a link to a page that contains more details.
- Pop up boxes- These are normally used when someone first visits a home page. They are great for communicating key information quickly.
CLEAN UP YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
As companies switch to working remotely, one of the top priorities is making sure customers and clients can still reach you. Here are some ideas that can help.
- Website contact page information– Make sure to check and update all of the contact information on your website. Have your hours of operation have changed? Is anyone checking the phone numbers that are listed? Are the right people getting the right messages?
- Website contact form– A simple contact form added to your website can help your customers reach you quickly. When a form is filled out, it can be sent to one person or to multiple people who can help field inquiries.
- Get on my calendar– Offer your clients the chance to immediately book a phone call with you. Links to services such as Calendy can sit on your website and also be included on your email signature line. They keep business moving by reducing the time spent on scheduling.
UTILIZE YOUR DIGITAL COMMUNICATION CHANNELS
Your customers need to hear from you. Make sure you stay in front of your customers by using digital communication channels. These channels can be added at any time, so it’s not too late to begin using them. Now could be the perfect time to start.
- Blogs- Writing articles and posting them to your blog is a great way to get the word out about your business.
- Email Newsletter- Digital marketing platforms like Mail Chimp and Constant Contact are excellent tools to use to send out important information to your customers.
- Social Media- News can travel especially fast over social media channels and the interaction with existing and potential customers can be invaluable.
ADD TOOLS FOR WORKING REMOTELY
Whether you need to meet with your internal team, host a project session with a client, or offer a yoga class online, there are digital solutions that can help. If you are struggling to meet the needs of your clients remotely, please talk with us. We’ve been using many of these tools for years and can help you find the best solution. Here are a couple that we love.
- Zoom– Zoom is a fantastic tool to use for hosting online meetings. It has some very flexible features like using audio only, audio plus video and chat. Scared for everyone to see your messy house during the call? No worries. Zoom even has a way for you to select a background.
- Google– If you are collaborating on a project or teaching a class and would like to share documents or spreadsheets, Google has you covered. You can use this tool to collaborate on documents together and in real time.
TALK WITH US – WE’D LOVE TO HELP YOU
We know that the thought of having to learn to use and rely on more technology can be daunting. Talk with our team at Bellaworks. Let us suggest, implement, and teach you to use tools that can make your life easier. Contact us today, we’re here to help.
Ready to start your project?
Download Our Free Guide - "Content That Connects"
A fresh look at content should be the starting point for anyone beginning a website project - whether it be a website refresh or a new site.
Download "Content That Connects," and you'll receive a full guide to getting started with your website project by looking at your content. You'll learn how to talk about your business, your services, and your value. All of this will help you think through the strategy behind your website.